The people make Boardmans. Our dedicated team drive our business forward, from our talented in-house designers to our industrious production team in China and we are always on the lookout for unique individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Our ethos is all about innovation, creativity and integrity so if you share our vision and would like to work for a growing, international brand then we would love to hear from you.
PA to Directors (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 38.25 per week
Contract Type: Temporary maternity cover for 12 months.
Previous experience as a PA essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- To act as first line contact for the Directors, using discretion and tact to ensure telephone callers, visitors and staff receive a professional response and are dealt with by the appropriate person.
- To provide secretarial duties and administrative support as requested by the Directors.
- Provide accurate and timely electronic diary management for the Directors, where required.
- Organising meetings including preparing agenda, minutes and presentations. Photocopying and distributing where / when necessary.
- To maintain and update comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems, including confidential personnel files.
- To assist in the recruitment process of all departments including (where required) pre-employment checks, employment letters and keeping all HR records in order.
- To show absolute confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Book venues and catering for internal and external events throughout the year.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all enquiries relating to office management including calendar planning, health and safety, training, HR and IT.
- Being the central point of contact for the office, and advising, referring, prioritising and dealing with requests and problem solving as appropriate. This requires dealing with staff at all levels.
- Ensuring appropriate hospitality is available and provided for visitors to the office, organising meeting accommodation as appropriate.
- Assist on implementation of administrative / GDPR policies and procedures and propose changes to current practices / procedures, if required.
- To be responsible for the office management and ensuring that stationery and other stock and non-stock items are ordered as required
- To manage and ensure the efficient running of IT within the office and liaise with the external IT Support Service Desk when necessary.
- Be the lead for certain office-wide projects and lead on the management of the tasks.
Key requirements of the role:
- Administrative / secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisation and personal workload management, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills: capable of constructing and delivering clear information / instructions to staff and service users.
- Flexibility and to work as part of a team is important.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and with rapidly changing deadlines in a busy working environment.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment is essential.
Dependant on experienceApply