The people make Boardmans. Our dedicated team drive our business forward, from our talented in-house designers to our industrious production team in China and we are always on the lookout for unique individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Our ethos is all about innovation, creativity and integrity so if you share our vision and would like to work for a growing, international brand then we would love to hear from you.
Soft Accessories Designer
Established in 1925, we are the UK’s leading supplier of quality hats, gloves, and scarves.
We currently have a vacancy for a creative, motivated Soft Accessories Designer to join our Design Team. This is an amazing opportunity for a hardworking, proactive candidate who is eager to learn and wants to break into the exciting world of fashion accessories.
This role is focused on designing exciting, trend-led hats, gloves, and scarves for an impressive list of customers, while developing customer relationships through meetings and visits. Our ideal candidate will be able to conceptualise and design from briefs, whilst keeping to critical path deadlines, adhering to brand values, servicing the target consumer, and understanding target price points. They will have a great eye for detail, be able to prioritise their workload and will enjoy delivering eye-catching, profitable product to the business.
Applicants must be commercially aware and highly organised with outstanding communication skills, and a solid basic knowledge of Illustrator. Excellent organisational skills are vital, as is the ability to manage your own time. Our ideal candidate will be able to work well under pressure, have a positive “can-do” attitude and won’t be afraid to get stuck in and hit the ground running!
Key Responsibilities will include
- Maintain and build relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers
- Collating in-season micro trend information and catwalk analysis for team development
- Work closely with the Design Manager and Key Account Managers to provide exceptional design work for our customers
- Working with CAD software to design product ranges, providing CADs, mood boards and sketches
- Travel to the Far East on sourcing and development trips where necessary
- Travel worldwide on comp shops, ensuring that return on company expenditure is maximised and that all follow-up documentation is completed
- Liaising with factories to support product development and fabric/trim sourcing
- Provide a shared design resource to the business whenever required
- Ensure that all work submitted has a high standard of commerciality and creativity, across market levels and customer demographics
- Research relevant markets to allow you to build an in depth knowledge of trends to form a platform to design
- Present design trends to the business during each season
Experience and requirements
- Basic knowledge on Adobe CAD software/freehand skills
- Fashion related degree
- Experience of the Apex Shima software would be a benefit
Due to the high volume of applicants we are expecting, we will not be able to reply to all applicants. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks of your application, then unfortunately you have not been selected for interview.
6th September 2019Apply