AW17 Mens key styles are clean and sophisticated, with attention to detail in trims and yarn interest adding a fashion edge.
1. The Double layer beanie is a versatile piece. Styling is kept simple using mid-weight knit gauges and ribbed structures. Ideally worn as a transitional item, this can also be made more substantial by adding a turn up for a chunkier handle.
2. The checked woven scarf is taking over from the Rochelle as more of a key fashion piece. Highlight colours are paired back with core colours to create an easy statement piece.
3. The baker boy is a fresh update for the flat cap, as seen on celebrities such as Niall Horan and David Beckham. Muted tones of charcoal and natural are used in tweeds, herringbones and subtle checks to form the base fabrics.
4. Black on black baseball – As the ath-leisure trend has been so successful in the last year, we see this following through to accessories. Slogans are seen in high-rise embroidery, along with mix and match fabrications such as mesh and nylon to create this subtle sporty look.
5. Chunky knit beanie – Heavy gauges create a true Winter piece using intricate cable details and lofty knit structures.
6. Mixed fabrication glove – The traditional leather glove is updated by adding woven fabrics to the back of the hand. Traditional checks, herringbones, tweeds and meltons are key.
7. Melton baseball cap – A colour vehicle piece using the key fashion colours of the season – Khaki, charcoal, burgundy, tan.
8. Slogan beanie – Attention to detail is added to the simple slogan beanie in the form of twist yarns and panels of textured knit structures, to create a younger, fashion staple.
9. Wide stripe Rochelle – New, blocky stripe layouts are key to update the more traditional skinny-stripe Rochelle. Twist yarns lend themselves well to bringing in highlight colours.
10. Winter Trilby – Base fabrics are kept traditional and include melton and herringbone. Tona, self-fabric bands modernise this statement piece and branded badging create a fresh update.