The people make Boardmans. Our dedicated team drive our business forward, from our talented in-house designers to our industrious production team in China and we are always on the lookout for unique individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Our ethos is all about innovation, creativity and integrity so if you share our vision and would like to work for a growing, international brand then we would love to hear from you.
Field Sales Executive, Wholesale Division
About the role
Established in 1925, Boardmans are the UK’s premier supplier of quality fashion accessories, providing a bespoke design and sourcing service to major High Street Retailers, as well as offering a collection of stock supported products to smaller independent retailers, chains and stores, through our Wholesale division
Following a review of our activities in support of our existing customers, as well as a desire to grow and identify new opportunities, we are looking to appoint a dynamic and passionate sales focussed individual to join our Wholesale division team.
This role is focused on overseeing and supporting our customer base to drive business growth through sales turnover and margin. Given the size of the territory to be covered, as essential part of the role will be to develop suitable relationships through meetings, marketing communications and visits (where necessary). The ideal candidate will have experience in sales and marketing related activities within a wholesale environment as well as experience in identifying, targeting and converting new accounts.
The role will be based in our Manchester head office but a reasonable degree of travel in support of our existing customers, and in the targeting of new customers is required.
Applicants must be proactive and commercially aware with outstanding communication skills. A strong background in sales, preferably within fashion accessories, is essential. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can spot opportunities and maximise them. Given the relatively diverse nature of this role, excellent time management skills are also a requirement.
What you’ll be doing
Maintain and build strong relationships with all existing accounts.
Identify new areas for growth within existing accounts, as well as prospect for new customers to win and secure new business.
Organise customer contact through communications and meetings, showing new season ranges and maximising opportunities within each account.
Assist in the organisation, set up & attendance of tradeshows (and exhibitions where applicable), in support of the promotion of our collection.
Maintain regular contact with the office when out at customer meetings to ensure orders are processed efficiently and effectively
Report back to Management on a monthly basis, presenting clear annual & monthly forecasts in order to meet / exceed turnover and margin targets, alongside an overview of customer feedback and market specifics.
Your skills and attributes
- Passionate about Product
- Team Player
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Confident communicator at all levels
Requirements for this role
- Previous experience in Wholesale sales, preferably in fashion or clothing
- Interest & passion to sell product across a diverse customer group
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, with likely overnight stays to maximise sales success within the allocated territory
- Full, clean driving license
- Located within a reasonable commutable distance to Manchester
Due to the high volume of applicants we are expecting, we will not be able to reply to all applicants. If you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks of your application then unfortunately you have not been selected for interview.
QA Product Technologist
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced QA technologist to help drive the Companies quality standards and expectations for a diverse customer base. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality, safe and fit for purpose fashion accessories. Customer relationships are key in this role, you will work hard to build fantastic relationships with all of our customer’s technical teams through regular face to face meeting and telephone contact.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Building key relationships with our Customer’s technical teams through regular face to face, self-arranged, pre-production & fit meetings to ensure all quality standards are achievable in production and adhered to.
- Assessing samples / designs for suitability, construction & fit whilst providing guidance and technical support to the sales and design team to aim to achieve a “right first time” policy on all samples developed for the business.
- Carrying out full risk assessments on all orders received ensuring anything discussed and agreed with the customer is clearly relayed on the product specification
- Issue full product specifications / technical packs for orders received ensuring anything discussed and agreed with the customer is relayed on the product specification for the China QA team to follow up on.
- For customers that require fit meetings, follow up on approval & production samples ensuring samples have been checked for make and fit and arrange fit meetings for approval comments.
- Regularly update the QA team in the China office to ensure they are clear on all customer’s requirements & clearly feedback on everything discussed during meetings.
- Discuss all testing requirements with the customer and actively work with the technologists at the customers to ensure any un-necessary testing is avoided.
- Follow up on QC inspections ensuring any comments are fed back to the customers where needed.
- Help to manage and actively reduce any customer complaints and rejections relating to quality issues.
- Consistent development of the China QA team through regular skype contact as well as travel to China to spend time with the team & factories to drive a culture of improvement.
- Developing expertise in your field with a strong desire to drive technical standards
- Working towards becoming the REACH expert for the business
- Developing a good understanding of the differing factory audit requirements of the customers and ensuring the China compliance team are working closely with the factories to meet them
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills – able to plan workload effectively around numerous customer meetings
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Excel.
- Fast and efficient when under pressure
- Confident communicator and relationship builder: written, verbal and presentation
- Good Commercial judgment
- Drive and focus for results
- Good Problem solver, capable of offering alternative solutions
- Ability to adapt to change
- Deliver on commitments
- Eye for detail