The Year of the Rat is upon us and what better way to celebrate than to honour custom tradition and give you a chance to win in our Red Envelope competition!
What is the significance of red envelopes during Chinese New Year?
Red envelopes (or “lai see” in Cantonese/”hongbao” in Mandarin) usually contain money and are traditionally given to children as gifts from their elders.
In Chinese culture, the colour red is regarded as a symbol of good luck, energy and happiness, so wrapping gifts and money in red envelopes is expected to bestow blessings and luck to the receiver.
To get the best start to the new year, we’re giving you the chance to win our Chinese New Year goodie bag which includes a lucky red bobble hat, a vintage hand-embroidered fan and some traditional green tea.
All you have to do is…
1. Follow Boardmans Design on Instagram @boardmansdesign
2. Select which red envelope you think the winning prize is contained in – A, B or C & comment your answer on the post
3. Remember to tag your friends so they can get involved too!
If you guess correctly you’ll be placed in the draw to win. It’s as simple as that! The competition will end on the last day of Chinese New Year celebrations (8th February 2020) so remember to check our social media pages to find out if you’re the lucky winner.
We wish all our customers and team in China a prosperous new year ahead!
- One winner to be selected at random on Saturday 8th February 2020 and announced via social media.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- No cash value will be offered as an alternative to the prize.