The team have recently returned from our Far East Catwalk Development trip; focusing on key trends as seen throughout the London, Paris, New York and Milan shows. We spent time sourcing new fabrics and trims, developing into knit, woven, leather gloves, and cut and sew products.
Key areas focused on :
- Heavy and midweight woven’s, looking at new textures and scaling of checks, on varied bases and weights. Key focuses – Tory Burch’s textured checks, Victoria Beckhams colour blocking, Mulberry’s traditional approach and embroidered details, androgynous concepts and ginghams, Valentino and Kate Spade embroidery, folk and vintage references.
- Key colours – Red and pink combos, pinks (varied levels), olive and ochre, cobalt blue, midnight navy and teal, greyed off lilacs.
- Newness in knit – Twisting and ombre effects of yarns, vintage and retro inspirations for fair isles/intarsias/argyle knits – Moncler Grenoble, Prada, Mulberry, geos from Missoni
- The shows featured so much fur – statement fur, wolf and animal furs all key – oversized specs and longer piles for statement pieces. Stripe fur is also important – we are loving the Diane Von Furstenberg collection! In terms of colour, blues, teal, wine and natural are key, aside from the multi statement jacquards!
- Animal print has also been heavily featured – worked into on knit, cut and sew, and woven